For many women, winter is twice as hard. Dry air not only creates stress for our skin, but also spoils our appearance and makeup. But don’t panic, because with these tips and tricks, your makeup can withstand literally anything the cold season throws at you.
The end of dull, dehydrated skin
In the coldest of winter, dry patches can form on the surface of the skin and cause the skin to not look radiant no matter how much makeup you wear. To get your skin glowing again, use a gentle exfoliant once a week to remove dead skin cells. Then, while your skin is still damp, apply a layer of moisturizing cream. And be sure to drink plenty of water so that the skin is even hydrated from the inside out.
If your face feels tight and dry in cold weather, change your cleaning habits. It is better to use milder detergents that put less strain on the skin and remove less oil at the same time, rather than a very foaming detergent. Massage a little into the skin and gently remove with a facial tissue or cotton pad. If that doesn’t work, consider using a moisturizer to prevent the skin from losing too much moisture.
A heavy foundation can go through snow and rain and accentuate dry areas. To avoid this, mix equal parts of moisturizing cream and foundation before applying, or use a tinted moisturizing cream instead. If you need a good moisturizer, you should give a chance to Avon January 2023 Brochure!
Don’t forget your sunscreen
Many forget in the winter, but in the cold season the sun does not take a break. Skin-damaging UV rays are present all year round. Snow’s ability to reflect the sun (and outdoor activities like skiing) makes it clear that your sun protection is just as important in winter. Make a habit of using UV sun protection with at least SPF 30 every day, regardless of the season. It is possible to reach effective sunscreen on the latest Avon Brochure!
Strong wind resistant
The wind can be quite strong in winter and is usually cold. Not ideal conditions for glowing skin. So on stormy days, create a barrier between your face and the wind by applying a richer, extra-hydrating cream or ointment. For extra protection, wear a hooded jacket or wear a hat and scarf that you wrap around your neck and nose.
You can use a green moisturizer if it’s freezing cold or the wind is making your face red. If redness is limited to smaller areas, apply a color-correcting concealer to those areas. Also look for moisturizing creams that contain soothing, calming ingredients.
Favorite AVON Skin Care
- Anew Renewal Activating Serum 30mL, P899
- Anew Vitamin C Brightening Serum 30ml, P899
- Avon Nutra Effects Brightening Essense in Lotion 95 ml, P399
- Avon Anew Reversalist Serum 30ml, P899
- Anew Reversalist Eye Cream 15g, P699
- Anew Essential Super Serum 30 ml, P549.50
- Avon Anew Skin Reset Plumping Shots (1.3 ml x 7), P999
- Nutra Effects Fluffy Foam Cleanser 150ml, P199
- Anew Reversalist Revitalizing Cleanser 125g, P299
- Clearskin Blackhead Clearing Soothing Exfoliating Cleanser 125ml, P179
- Nutra Effects Micellar Cleansing Water 150 ml, P299
- Naturals Lime Peeling Exfoliator 100ml, P99
Indispensable eye makeup
Winter wind, sleet and snow can spoil your makeup. To avoid smudging or smudging, apply waterproof mascara and only use eyeliner and eyeshadow on the upper eyelids to reduce the risk of smudging.
Fight flaky skin
Take care of dry, flaky skin by applying a richly nourishing, moisturizing mask to your face for 5 to 15 minutes in the evening. Press a facial tissue onto your face to absorb the excess and then go to bed.
Prevent makeup from disappearing
Is your makeup getting on your jacket, scarf or hat? Keep your makeup where it belongs by applying a coat of clear, pressed powder. It’s less messy than loose powder and can help set makeup.
If you have chapped, flaky lips in winter, it’s best to use a tinted lip balm that also offers UV protection. If your lips are in good condition, opt for a moisturizing lipstick, but avoid matte or long-wearing lipsticks as they can dry out.
AVON Products for Lips
- Avon Power Stay 16 Hour Liquid Lip 7 mL, P299
- Avon Ultra Perfectly Matte Lipstick, P209
- Sunset Beats Lip and Cheek Stick 1.2 g, P249
- Avon Ultra Color Lip Paint 7 ml, P249
- Simply Pretty Milk Tea Matte Lipstick 4g, P199
- Simply Pretty Cotton Matte Lipstick 2g, P100
- Avon Glow Dream Collection Perfectly Matte Lipstick, P299
- Speak Out Avon True Color Lipstick SPF 15 In Lava Love 3.5g, P379
- Love & Glam Perfectly Matte Lipstick 3.6g – Sunbaked Red, P299
- Simply Pretty Matte Lipstick Malva 4g, P139
- Perfectly Matte Lipstick Red Supreme, P299
- Mark. Pro Line Lip Perfector Rock On, P229
- Simply Pretty Lip Defining Pencil Red Flush, P69
- Simply Pretty Split Lipstick Rich Reds 3.8g, P119
- True Color Glimmersticks Lip Liner Pink Bouquet, P149
- Mark. Pro Line Lip Perfector Bare My Soul, 229
- Avon Power Stay 16hr Matte Lipstick Color 7mL, P349
Refresh your skin
Don’t forget a healthy rosy glow: it brings life to your face. Apply a soft peach or warm, terracotta blush to your cheeks and blend towards your cheekbones.